"What unites us as human beings is the aspiration to make the world better, more compassionate, with less conflict, less hate and hardship, and with more tolerance and understanding."
-Elie Wiesel
Express what went through your mind as you viewed the testament. Was there anything particular that stuck in your mind? Has this changed your view on how others should be treated?
20 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Joe Lizzol
I felt upset when I was wathcing this slide show. I saw how they beat up all of the jewish kids. The teachers didnt even help them and the teachers just call them dirty jews. I didnt like how all of the SS officers just pulled everyone from there homes without property. Even splitting up the kids from their parents were so cruel. When the Nazis said they would only be reunited threw the crematorians was so sad to hear. I feel like this is so wrong. Everyone should be treated with respect and they should all have there rights. The worst thing I heard was when the 18 year old boy was ripped apart by the dogs. That must have been so scary and sad to watch.
It was so sad to watch this slide show. I almost cried knowing what happened to the Jewish people. How could a teacher let the German kids beat up the Jewish kids. There hearts were bad. making some of the Jewish people clean the streets and embarras them is just mean. who would want to see someone else be hurt or embarrased. One thing that really upset me was when the 14 year old boy had to hide his nephew so the soldiers wouldnt take him. Killing kids and babies is horrible. They cant defend themselves. Seeing the pictures of the people from the concentration camps sacred me. I dont think I could survive. How could anyone who was not care for, or fed live? I wish Hitler was punished for this.
nice job Joe and Helen. I don't understand how this could happen either. To separate families is heartbreaking to think about. I would never want to be without my family. I wish Hitler was punished also.
This power point shows another vision, view of what jewish people had to go thrue during the holacast. it shows how people would talk to them with such hate, racism, and how porley they were treated as well. In the power point there was a little jewish girl that went to her best friends house one day and went to the front door and was told by her mom to get away you dirty jew. If that were ever happen to me because of my race i would probably cry, or just freek out and not want to leave my house anymore. It is such an emotional thing to see pictures of humans that have been treated, starved to death, and have all their rights taken away in the matter of seconds because of there race. In one of the pictures it shows 3 jewish men that look extremley unhealthy and starved and has their bones sticken out and still trying to survive night after night.
excellent job Hellen and Joe. i like there response to the slide show because they explained as mush as they needed to in such a short response. they included every detail showing how sad it was to hear the things about the jewish kids being killed to death and embaressed.
If I were to see a noboor die I would be in shock and very angrey at who ever killed him or her. If I ever saw my mother on the street being forced by someone to clean the street, I would be so angry and extreamly sad. If I heard that they would take children in diffrent faimlies I wouldtake my nephew and try to protect him from being killed by the Nazis. If I would ever see my mother and father I would be heart broken and destroyed. The pictures that I saw in the concentration camps are extreamlly crule and very wrong. If I ever saw people that emaciated I would feel absolutlly in shock and so emotionall and extreamlly sad.
The jewish people were treated like dirt. Some Germans, like teachers and parents thoufht that too. I would hate if my best friends mom told me I was a dirty pig just because of my religion.
If I was jewish and I was in the holocaust I would be sacred. I would be embarrassed if I had to go to school and the other students were allowed to beat me up and my teacher called me a dirty jew. I would want to hit them back, but I guess the Jewish kids were afraid of what would happen to them if they did or there mom and dad pobably taut them not to be bad. I dont think I would want to live if i new my parents died. how did so many stay alive.
How could anyone hurt children. they cannot defend themslefs. The pain they went threw must have hurt and if i was Jewsih i would be so scard. The scaryist thing I heard on the pwoer point was when the man got killed by the dogs. It was really scary and sad to watch I think. I dont understand how you cannot have feelings for other people even if they are jewish.
I could not imagine this happening to me. I would have been so scared and I would feel bad if I was not jewish. I would not want to lose friends because of my religion. I hope people who see this be better to other people.
The Germans were evil and treated the Jewish people very badly. The children being beat at school by other students and the teacher allowed it, was awful to find out. The Germans wanted to inflict pain on the Jewish people, and I just dont understand why. How different are we. I would be horrified if I was a Jewish person and the Germans treated me like that. I dont know if I would have the will to live.
It was unfair on how the Germans treated the Jews. How the Germans didnt care when the boy was killed by the dog amazes me. It makes me uspet and angry. I dont think I could watch my friend die like that.
The holocaust was the worst time in history for the Jewish people. I got angry watching the pwoer point. I was angry at the German people. Why would the Nazis want to do that to someone. how can you hate somone so much. I think i wold be depressed if I knew people hated me because of my religion. Never seeing my parents again, I would cry. The story of the lady meeting the soldier who called her a lady was so nice. She realized that there were still nice people. Im so gald that the Jewish people are free today. But why are other countries killing each other.
there were so many stories on the pwer point. I was confused. I know what happened, but why would anyone hate so much. If this happend to me I would be confused, sad, and angry. I would not want anyone to hate me so much and I would be very sad if someone hated me so much. If I saw my mom cleaning the streets and people were saying stuff to her, I would pick a fight with them for hurting my mom
I dont really understand why did the Germans hate the Jewish people so much. Why would anyone drag somine out to the middle of a field and let dogs torture them to death. THis video was very touching. It made me realize that just because we are different dosent mean we are bad. When the 14 year old boy had to tell the 2 year old that he had to hide in a suitcase or he would die, was so sacary and sad. I think I would cry if I had to do that. but I would hold it in
The vidoe on the Holocaust effected me. I really think everyone should have rights because it is fair. The Jewish people didn't have that. They were treated bad and suffered. Everyone should treat people the way they would want to be treated.
When I watched the power point I was shocked. I learned about the Holocust in class but this vidoe showed me more. I got to hear more stories of survivors. I think the best story was when the soldier came to a womens camp and he treated her really nice. They ended up getting married. It shows not everyone is evil.
Watching this video was a good thing because it made me realize how not to treat people. The Jewish people suffered alot. How they looked when they were resuced was bad. I dont get how you can let someone suffer like that. I would try to save anyone if I could. If I had to hide my cousin I would do it even if I got caut. I tried. It makes me angry that this was done.
People wer starved, skinny and dead. Why would this happen. I dont understand why the Germans let people die from dog attacks, gas chambers. Its mean. I dont like when people are mean.
20 comments:
Joe Lizzol
I felt upset when I was wathcing this slide show. I saw how they beat up all of the jewish kids. The teachers didnt even help them and the teachers just call them dirty jews. I didnt like how all of the SS officers just pulled everyone from there homes without property. Even splitting up the kids from their parents were so cruel. When the Nazis said they would only be reunited threw the crematorians was so sad to hear. I feel like this is so wrong. Everyone should be treated with respect and they should all have there rights. The worst thing I heard was when the 18 year old boy was ripped apart by the dogs. That must have been so scary and sad to watch.
Helen Garcia
It was so sad to watch this slide show. I almost cried knowing what happened to the Jewish people. How could a teacher let the German kids beat up the Jewish kids. There hearts were bad. making some of the Jewish people clean the streets and embarras them is just mean. who would want to see someone else be hurt or embarrased. One thing that really upset me was when the 14 year old boy had to hide his nephew so the soldiers wouldnt take him. Killing kids and babies is horrible. They cant defend themselves. Seeing the pictures of the people from the concentration camps sacred me. I dont think I could survive. How could anyone who was not care for, or fed live? I wish Hitler was punished for this.
nice job Joe and Helen. I don't understand how this could happen either. To separate families is heartbreaking to think about. I would never want to be without my family. I wish Hitler was punished also.
Michael Nicosia
This power point shows another vision, view of what jewish people had to go thrue during the holacast. it shows how people would talk to them with such hate, racism, and how porley they were treated as well. In the power point there was a little jewish girl that went to her best friends house one day and went to the front door and was told by her mom to get away you dirty jew. If that were ever happen to me because of my race i would probably cry, or just freek out and not want to leave my house anymore.
It is such an emotional thing to see pictures of humans that have been treated, starved to death, and have all their rights taken away in the matter of seconds because of there race. In one of the pictures it shows 3 jewish men that look extremley unhealthy and starved and has their bones sticken out and still trying to survive night after night.
excellent job Hellen and Joe. i like there response to the slide show because they explained as mush as they needed to in such a short response. they included every detail showing how sad it was to hear the things about the jewish kids being killed to death and embaressed.
Peter Corey
If I were to see a noboor die I would be in shock and very angrey at who ever killed him or her. If I ever saw my mother on the street being forced by someone to clean the street, I would be so angry and extreamly sad. If I heard that they would take children in diffrent faimlies I wouldtake my nephew and try to protect him from being killed by the Nazis. If I would ever see my mother and father I would be heart broken and destroyed. The pictures that I saw in the concentration camps are extreamlly crule and very wrong. If I ever saw people that emaciated I would feel absolutlly in shock and so emotionall and extreamlly sad.
Rob DeBiasio
The jewish people were treated like dirt. Some Germans, like teachers and parents thoufht that too. I would hate if my best friends mom told me I was a dirty pig just because of my religion.
Luis Vasquez
If I was jewish and I was in the holocaust I would be sacred. I would be embarrassed if I had to go to school and the other students were allowed to beat me up and my teacher called me a dirty jew. I would want to hit them back, but I guess the Jewish kids were afraid of what would happen to them if they did or there mom and dad pobably taut them not to be bad. I dont think I would want to live if i new my parents died. how did so many stay alive.
Kevin Bonilla
How could anyone hurt children. they cannot defend themslefs. The pain they went threw must have hurt and if i was Jewsih i would be so scard. The scaryist thing I heard on the pwoer point was when the man got killed by the dogs. It was really scary and sad to watch I think. I dont understand how you cannot have feelings for other people even if they are jewish.
James Colon
I could not imagine this happening to me. I would have been so scared and I would feel bad if I was not jewish. I would not want to lose friends because of my religion. I hope people who see this be better to other people.
Jarrel Smith
The Germans were evil and treated the Jewish people very badly. The children being beat at school by other students and the teacher allowed it, was awful to find out. The Germans wanted to inflict pain on the Jewish people, and I just dont understand why. How different are we. I would be horrified if I was a Jewish person and the Germans treated me like that. I dont know if I would have the will to live.
Matt Catapano
It was unfair on how the Germans treated the Jews. How the Germans didnt care when the boy was killed by the dog amazes me. It makes me uspet and angry. I dont think I could watch my friend die like that.
Eileen Higgins
The holocaust was the worst time in history for the Jewish people. I got angry watching the pwoer point. I was angry at the German people. Why would the Nazis want to do that to someone. how can you hate somone so much. I think i wold be depressed if I knew people hated me because of my religion. Never seeing my parents again, I would cry. The story of the lady meeting the soldier who called her a lady was so nice. She realized that there were still nice people. Im so gald that the Jewish people are free today. But why are other countries killing each other.
Ed Clement
there were so many stories on the pwer point. I was confused. I know what happened, but why would anyone hate so much. If this happend to me I would be confused, sad, and angry. I would not want anyone to hate me so much and I would be very sad if someone hated me so much. If I saw my mom cleaning the streets and people were saying stuff to her, I would pick a fight with them for hurting my mom
Patrick Cajou
I dont really understand why did the Germans hate the Jewish people so much. Why would anyone drag somine out to the middle of a field and let dogs torture them to death. THis video was very touching. It made me realize that just because we are different dosent mean we are bad. When the 14 year old boy had to tell the 2 year old that he had to hide in a suitcase or he would die, was so sacary and sad. I think I would cry if I had to do that. but I would hold it in
Mark yorio
The vidoe on the Holocaust effected me. I really think everyone should have rights because it is fair. The Jewish people didn't have that. They were treated bad and suffered. Everyone should treat people the way they would want to be treated.
Onofrio Cottone
When I watched the power point I was shocked. I learned about the Holocust in class but this vidoe showed me more. I got to hear more stories of survivors. I think the best story was when the soldier came to a womens camp and he treated her really nice. They ended up getting married. It shows not everyone is evil.
Christian Pavon
Watching this video was a good thing because it made me realize how not to treat people. The Jewish people suffered alot. How they looked when they were resuced was bad. I dont get how you can let someone suffer like that. I would try to save anyone if I could. If I had to hide my cousin I would do it even if I got caut. I tried. It makes me angry that this was done.
Deandre Fogan
People wer starved, skinny and dead. Why would this happen. I dont understand why the Germans let people die from dog attacks, gas chambers. Its mean. I dont like when people are mean.
Post a Comment